There are about a gazillion mysterious things I don’t understand, and my country occupies the top spot on that list. Almost seventy years of “Independence” and what do we have?
Take a look.
1. Hospitals that make people sicker and spread TB super efficiently.
2. Infanticide. Yes, still.
3. Abuse. Looks like it’ll keep getting stronger.
4. Narrow mindset. Unless you’re a doctor or an engineer, you’re not human? Wow. I applaud thee, Indian parents.
5. Labeling. As in, labeling women “easy” if they are in shorts and/or red lipstick.
6. The country pays for the crappy movies, but won’t improve communication in villages.
7. Villages? They’re getting converted to industrial belts. Soon, we’ll be breathing and eating concrete.
8. Banning porn to change mindsets. I don’t understand how this helps. I’ll never understand.
9. Diaspora. *kill me*
10. Population explosion. This is here to stay and not one of our political readers is trying to stop this. Where do we live next? On telephone wires? Why isn’t anyone doing what China’s done, and forcing couples to have two kids at the most?
Saare jahaan se acha? Not so much. If our freedom fighters knew this was gonna happen, they’d have surrendered to the British. At least the British built something. And now? Terrorism is destroying all of it.
Jai Hind, and I’m being sarcastic.