It’s been a crazy two weeks! You know what happens when you host a giveaway. It’s both stressful and extertaining, and luckily my “Don’t Check DMs Rule” saved my butt, big time. However, I refused to compromise on my reading and I think I’m doing pretty great.
Might even beat John at his own reading challenge. *smirks*
This list requires you to read 20 books, I’ll have the category written in bold and the book I read for each category, and here’s how I’ve done so far:
1. A book published in your birth year – Outlander, Diana Gabaldon. I love the TV series so much, I had to grab this.
2. A young adult book – Going Bovine, by Libba Bray.*
3. A book with your favorite color on the cover – Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella; it has a minty green cover.
4. A self published book – Ten Tiny Breaths, by K A Tucker.
5. A book published in 2016 –
6. A book written by a celebrity – Comeback Girl by Jordan/Katie Price. (That one book that made me cry. It was terrible.)
7. A book you’ve already seen the movie for – The Exorcist, by William Peter Blatty.
8. A book by an author you haven’t read before –
9. A book that’s been recommended to you – Tuesdays with Morrie, Mitch Albom.*
10. A book that starts a new series – Vampire Academy, Richelle Mead. Yes I’m reading kiddie vampire books. Sue me.
11. An autobiography – Losing my Virginity, Richard Branson.
12. A book that’s been rated 4.5/5 on Amazon/Goodreads –
13. A book set in another country – The Boy in the Striped Pajamas, John Boyne.*
14. A James Patterson book – Guilty Wives.
15. A book set in your hometown/favorite city –
16. A book with a movie tie-in cover – If I Stay, Gayle Forman.*
17. A book you didn’t enjoy the first time – The Afghan, Fredrick Forsyth.
18. A book written by someone you know –
19. A crime novel – The Sixth Man,
20. A book to complete the challenge –
The books that have a ‘*’ next to them are my absolute favorites.
I just looked through my list and realized many of these start a new series. Eeeee. More books to read! What are your Blah-lentine’s day plans? I’m gonna go hang out with the folks at the mall and take Baby out for a spin. Baby is an Audi Q7. Not a person, calm your boxers.
What are you currently reading?