Now that liquid lipsticks have taken the world by storm and everyone and their grand mommies are totally into them, it would be so unfair if we all stopped talking about the traditional lipsticks, right? I’m guilty of wearing liquid lipsticks way too much – but I thought I’d pull out my regular lipsticks and play with them a little.
I have seven different lipstick formulas that I’ve always been in love with. I mostly always stick to mattes, but I’ll sometimes wear a classic satin finish lipstick or even a glossy one. Depends on the mood and PMS, really. Moving on, in no particular order…
1. Marc Jacobs Le Marc Lip Creme – That’s a mouthful, but these guys pack a pinch. They’re semi matte and come in a wide range of colors and there’s something for everyone. Shown here is J’adore.
2. ColourPop Lippie Stix – Indie brands are slaying the scene with ColourPop leading the way. Vegan, cruelty free and super affordable, they deliver a lot of color and last a long time. Plus I’ve never noticed any crustiness. Shown here is Sweet Thing.
3. Nars Audacious Lipstick – Boy oh boy. These are some of the best lipsticks on the market. Just one swipe delivers crazy pigmentation. They’re on the pricier side but totally worth it in my book. Shown here is Anna.
4. Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick – I love these because of the shape of the bullet and how easy it is they are to apply. They’re a tad bit stiffer as compared to the others, but oh so gorgeous. Shown here is Walk of Shame.
5. Bite Beauty Lip Crayon – I FRIGGING LOVE THESE! Bite really knows their ish and these lipsticks are super amazing because they are actually completely free of any harmful chemicals whatsoever. I can’t wait to get my hands on the Amuse Bouche lipsticks they’ve recently come out with. Hurry up, post office! Shown here is Meritage.
6. Urban Decay Matte Revolution Lipstick – They are a cult favorite and for good reason. They’re actually super moisturising for a matte lipstick. You heard me. Shown here is After Dark.
7. MAC lipsticks – There are lipsticks and then there are MAC lipsticks. You can’t talk about lipsticks and not include MAC. Even though they’re the only ones on my list that aren’t 100% cruelty free, I had to talk about them because they’re just so good. We all know that. Shown here is Retro.
Some swatches for y’all…
What are some of YOUR favorite traditional lipstick formulas?